International Conference on Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs
ICORD is an International Society for all individuals actively involved in rare diseases and/or orphan drugs, including health care, research, academic, industry, patient organisations, regulatory authorities, health authorities, and public policy professionals.
Ongoing and recent activities
- Registration for the 12th Annual ICORD Meeting is ongoing. Please join us in Beijing! The Chinese Organisation for Rare Diseases (CORD) and Peking Union Medical College Hospital (PUMCH) partner with ICORD to host the meeting in Beijing 7-10 September 2017. Abstracts are welcome, deadline for submission is 11 June. More information is here.
- ICORD was present during the Inauguration of UN’s NGO Committee for Rare Diseases in New York, 11 November 2016. Read a summary of the meeting here.
- The 11th Annual ICORD Meeting in Cape Town, South Africa (19-22 October 2016) was a success! Read more here. ICORD is very pleased to announce the statement of Helen Clark, the Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme, sent to the ICORD meeting.
- New Board of ICORD was elected during the General Assembly on 20 October 2016.
- ICORD and Rare Disease International (RDI) collaborate to streamline efforts and boost progress on rare disease policy worldwide. Read more here.
Future annual ICORD meetings
A commercial organisation, OMICS International, arranges a meeting with a name identical to ICORD, “International conference on Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs”. Please note that ICORD is not involved in the organisation of this event.