International Conference on Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs
ICORD is an International Society for all individuals actively involved in rare diseases and/or orphan drugs, including health care, research, academic, industry, patient organisations, regulatory authorities, health authorities, and public policy professionals.
Ongoing and recent activities
- The 12th Annual ICORD Meeting in Beijing has ended. ICORD thanks its partners and co-organizers, Chinese Organisation for Rare Diseases (CORD), Peking Union Medical College Hospital (PUMCH) partner and Rare Diseases International (RDI) for arranging the successful meeting 7-10 September.
- Now we will consider what we have learnt in China and continue to prepare for the next annual ICORD meeting in India 2018!
- ICORD was present during the Inauguration of UN’s NGO Committee for Rare Diseases in New York, 11 November 2016. Read a summary of the meeting here.
- ICORD was very pleased to announce the statement of Helen Clark, the Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme, to the 11th Annual ICORD Meeting in Cape Town, South Africa.
- ICORD and Rare Disease International (RDI) collaborate to streamline efforts and boost progress on rare disease policy worldwide. Read more here.
Future annual ICORD meetings
A commercial organisation, OMICS International, arranges a meeting with a name identical to ICORD, “International conference on Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs”. Please note that ICORD is not involved in the organisation of this event.